Bath in Fashion Bloggers
To celebrate the launch of Bath in Fashion 2014, we hosted a special fashion scavenger hunt around the city for a selection of style bloggers.
Our bloggettes were split into teams and challenged to find and Instagram as many of this season’s trends as they could within 2 hours, stopping at as many of Bath’s fabulous boutiques and shops as possible – and let me tell you, they took their task very seriously! To log their trends, the teams had post their pics on Instagram and use the #bathinfashion hashtag, as well as tagging the store they found it in.
We then gathered at the Fashion Museum, where the girls toured their latest exhibition, Georgians: Dress for Polite Society and some got right into the spirit of things by trying on a few of the outfits…
Thanks to She and Hem for sharing this fabulous photo! Looking good, girls…
They then had the opportunity to be among the first to see the Dress of the Year 2014, as selected by style blogger Susie Lau of Style Bubble. This year’s choice was a fabulous sugar pink silk organza dress from leading British designer Christopher Kane’s Spring/Summer 2013 collection…
Finally, we totted up the scores and announced the winners of our challenge, Team Fashion Vultures, who took home an exclusive little green beauty box from Souk Souk - the lucky devils!
We’d like to say a big thank you to everyone who made the bloggers day possible, including our sponsors, The Fashion Museum – as well as The Royal Crescent Hotel & Spa, Bath BID and Visit Bath – as well as all the lovely retailers of Bath who welcomed our bloggers on the day.
What’s on at Bath in Fashion…
Bath in Fashion 2014 promises an exciting week-long programme that showcases Summer ’14 fashions on the catwalk, brings fashion celebrities and authors to share their style and stimulate debate, and stages hands-on workshops, exhibitions and installations.
Events run from 3 – 11 May and tickets are disappearing fast! Tickets are on sale now. Get yours at bathinfashion.co.uk.
- Dress of the Year, as selected by fashion blogger Susie Lau of Style Bubble (The Fashion Museum)
- Georgians: Dress in Polite Society (The Fashion Museum)
Sun 4 May
- Vintage Sunday: Bath VA Fashion Fair (Green Park Station)
Tue 6 May
- Interior design masterclass with Nina Campbell, author of Vogue on Vivienne Westwood (The Octagon, Milson Place)
Wed 7 May
- BIBA’s Barbara Hulanicki in conversation with Hilary Alexander, former Fashion Director of The Telegraph (The Octagon, Milson Place)
- Mary Homer, MD of Topshop and Paolo Gabrielli of Clarks talk about Fashion As A Business (The Octagon, Milson Place)
Thu 8 May
- An interview with Meadham Kirchoff: Hosted by US Vogue’s Sarah Mower (The Octagon, Milson Place)
- Bath Life’s Fashion’s Night Out (Southgate)
- Vintage BIBA on the catwalk (Assembly Rooms)
Sat 10 May
- Fashion Your Future – an insight into careers in fashion (Komedia)
For a full list of events, see bathinfashion.co.uk/whats-on